Not World Heritage, but still UNESCO related: The city I have lived in for the past months, the wonderful, if at the moment very wet, Norwich has become England’s first UNESCO City of Literature. Congrats!
The reason – Norwich’s rich literary history – being home to many ‘firsts’, some being:
- First woman published in English (15th C)
- First recognisable novel (16th C)
- First published parliamentary debates (18th C)
- First provincial library (1608)
- First provincial newspaper (1701)
- First British MA in creative writing